Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Break Day 4: A(lpert), B(ooks), and C(leaning)!

Let's reverse that order. I spent most of today doing a thorough clean-up of my room. This might not sound too bad, but I had papers almost literally everywhere, so it took a long time to sort them all. And I had books all over the place too. But now the books are tidily stacked, the dvds are alphabetized, the floor is clear, and the top of my little table where I study (and type this) is shiny-clean. This makes such a nice change. I always let my room fall to pieces during school because I'm too busy studying to clean up, and so I seize free time like this spring break to get everything back in shipshape condition.

After the room was mostly clean, my grandmother asked me if I wanted to take a break and go to Barnes and Noble. Of course I couldn't resist something like that, so away we went! I used my gift cards to buy not only a copy of "Lawrence of Arabia" on dvd (on sale for 9.99, score!), but I also managed to track down "The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents". I looked for Asimov's Robot trilogy as well, but they didn't have it, unfortunately, and the Fifth Doctor dvds I want were either not in stock or far too expensive for my budget. Still, it was a nice jaunt, and I did pick up two items I wanted very much indeed.

Upon returning to the apartment, I finished cleaning my room just in time for tonight's "Lost" episode--Yeah, only the episode that I've been blathering about and looking forward to since before I even knew it existed. And I realize I've probably bored you silly with all my obsessive anticipation, so I won't babble about it further here beyond saying that was, quite possibly, my favorite episode ever (aside from "The Constant", but this is a serious second placer in my book). It delivered on just about every count I wanted, and . . . almost a solid hour of Richard Alpert. I don't think I need to explain myself further. I don't care what happens for the rest of the season; this episode delivered, which is what I wanted, and I'm entirely a happy camper now, just along for the ride. Or, well, almost. I do care about what further happens to Desmond. But that's another rant entirely, let's not mix up my two favorite living characters any further, mmkay? Just a few final notes:

1) After watching "Ab Aeterno", the suicidal-Richard scene in "Dr. Linus" is immeasurably more sad. Because now we know that what's killing him is that he feels that all those years ago he made the wrong choice. I won't get any more spoiler-y than that.
2) Did Fake Locke hear the whole conversation at the end? Because if he did . . . Big uh-oh.
3) Nestor Carbonell is brilliant. And I got to shake this man's hand??? Gah . . .
4) I wore eyeliner today ;)

I'm still freaking out. First thing on my schedule tomorrow: Jump on hulu.com and rewatch that entire episode!! And then I'm going to I'olani Palace, and after that I plan to walk to St. Andrew's Cathedral. Hopefully I'll be able to find where Daniel Faraday's office was filmed and take my picture there, haha . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?