Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Reason #2 Why . . .

. . . I'm learning Russian. Watch the two vids in order. If you don't know the general plotline of 'War and Peace', then you might not understand this . . . but I believe you will . . . Both feature Andrei and Natasha. And both actor and actress are absolutely stunning in this film.

These clips are taken from the Soviet film 'Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace', which was many many hours long and the most expensive film ever made. I finally watched the film after reading the book this summer, and . . . wow. Amazing. And these two scenes--separated by hours of film, and then both sharing that incredible music--made me cry. No kidding!

Video 1: Andrei and Natasha meet at a ball. . .


Video 2: And they meet again years later . . .


Enjoy! And that's all the videoblogging I'm doing today . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?