Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Can You Tell I'm Bored?

New format, multiple posts in one day . . . Sheesh! But when my homework's all done and my emails are all replied to and my next class isn't for three hours--what else is there for me to do? :)

Anyway, here's a new piece of art! It's also in my gallery, but you know . . . this way you don't have to jump around. Not unless you REALLY want to, that is.

My first attempt at drawing Luthien. Because a Tolkien fan and artist just ain't a Tolkien fan and artist until she's attempted a portrait of Arda's most beautiful being, right? ;)


5 comments:

  1. Nothing left to do? Like write me a letter? (Not that I'm dropping hints or anything!)

    I like the new background, but that's probably because I really like the green. Oh, and multiple posts are completely acceptable! I love having lots of Jhaniel posts.

    The picture by the way, is really good. I like it better than some other fan art that I've seen. And yes, it's about time you did Tolkien's loveliest character! I'm looking forward to more soon...

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squeeee! I totally did not know you had a blog! Well. I haven't checked my email in the past week, so that might have something to do with it. (This is the place at which I start wondering what I'm using my four(...five? not sure...) email addresses for. Sheesh.) Anyways. Yes. I love the artwork.

    I will be back! *trips on big black cape and falls off e-stage*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I'm really impressed with this particular portrait. Even more so than the last few I saw. I just finished re-reading the Professor's original 'Tale of Tynwfiel'. Cuio i Anduhiri annan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiiiittt a minute . . . raven's eye . . . your profile sounds VERY familiar . . .

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should think so. Though I've 'switched' to another of my favorite northern creatures....exchanged fur for feathers, as it were.... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?