Saturday, January 17, 2009

Inkheart (film)

Coming January 23. And I fully expect it to be far short of the brilliance of the book, especially where villains and emotional impact are concerned, and yet I'm going. Why? Erm . . . because Paul Bettany was always Dustfinger in my mind, even before I knew his name. I saw him in a commercial for a film, and instantly thought of Dustfinger . . . and then when I found out who they cast in the role in 'Inkheart' . . . heh, yeah.

He's perfect. Wow. And Dustfinger is my favorite character in the book. So huzzah for Hollywood getting at least one thing perfectly right in a film!!!!


5 comments:

  1. Nice, I cant say that I have read the book but I thought the movie looked ok. I guess that is the positive side of not reading too often... All the movies I see have no standard to be measured by, so I can almost never be disappointed.
    But then again I also cant have the satisfaction to make an educated statment about the movies quality...

    Hey, did you suddenly find the internet at your place? because as I recall last semester you could never get internet. But I also recall that the computer you had was very old and far less up to date when compared to your current computer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have internet here now!

    Oh, and I figured out how to access the University internet as well, so now I get it on campus as well. Yay!

    (*coughyoushouldreadthebookcough*)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will watch the movie for only Dustfinger's sake. Well, and Paul Bettany. I've always liked Paul Bettany. They are probably going to slaughter the book... but I think he'll make at least a glimmer of goodness. Plus the professor from Narnia is supposedly the author (Fenaglio?) in the movie.
    T'was a lovely book... so, Nikolai, go read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. right then, I guess since it is recommended by more than two fanatical readers I will go find it. Does Manoa Library have it? I think they do but im not sure.

    Anyway it is nice you got internet now. No wonder all these new posts keep poping up lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They probably do. I think any self-respecting library would.

    And yeah, it's good to have internet. Hopefully my school grades will agree with me at the end of the semester! *scurries off to do homework*

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?