Monday, April 19, 2010

Ugh

I'm having a bit of a bad day. I'm getting all sorts of conflicting information on how to take a year's leave of absence from school, but need to make my decision soon, and the stress and magnitude of the decision and all the unexpected problems with what should be a simple process that keep cropping up is leaving me a bit rattled and emotional and run-down. It's just compounding a lot of issues at once, and I'm finding it all a bit too much to handle. I just checked my phone's clock to find out I've been sitting on a bench at school crying for two hours straight. It makes me feel daft, which just makes me a bit more miserable. Oh well. I was happy this morning, so I know I'll pull myself together and cheer up. The wind rustling and roaring in the dead palm fronds above my head is noisy in a comfortable susurrus sort of way, and I like the feel of the cool air and the warm stone bench I'm perched on. I also finished "Snow-Walker" today at last, and am eager to begin reading "The Robots of Dawn", although that will have to wait until I'm back at the apartment because I left it in my room. Also, I walked out of my Nutrition exam this morning feeling a lot better than I had when I walked in, which is a good thing.

So I'll gather my scattered nerves and thoughts and emotions together and carefully put them all back into their labeled compartments and drawers and then lock up and go out to get something to eat and something to read. That should help immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?