Saturday, April 24, 2010

Going Home

Well, it's officially done. I filled out my 'leave of absence' paperwork today and will be taking one year's leave from school. This will be utterly bizarre, because I haven't had a year off of school since, um, I was four. That doesn't mean I won't be busy, however. I'll be using my time to write my novel, take care of my siblings, help run the house, and get in the best dancing shape of my life.

Today was extremely hot and humid. I'll need to grab some water soon, because I'm feeling seriously dehydrated . . . I found out I got a 90 on my Russian midterm, which I'm pleased with because my professor isn't the greatest (to put it mildly) and I'm just pleased to be within striking distance of an A. Of course, if I don't manage to strike that A, I won't be pleased any more. I'm a perfectionist. Sometimes it's a curse.

I started "At the Mountains of Madness" today, but so far it's reading like a very underwhelming version of "The Lost World". Hopefully it'll get scary and interesting soon. I'd hate April to be full of books I was unimpressed with.

Tomorrow I'm going to volunteer at my church's chicken sale. I don't know exactly what this will entail, but I'll manage. I must remember to put sunscreen on my face and shoulders, though. The sun's been blazing lately.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my dear.... so you are going home. *hugs* I'm here for you. I'm sure that this will be a great year for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linden, I am a bit nervous still but ultimately decided that this is the way my priorities are and home is the place where I belong right now. I pray I made the right choice, but even if I didn't, this is all God's plan, so it will work out in the end anyway :)

    I will miss my nice printer/scanner, and the shave ice place around the corner, and the beautiful scenery, and being able to go to the library whenever I want. But I'll get by somehow ;)

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?