Monday, April 5, 2010

I've Lost My Library Card!

I don't know how it happened! I really don't! But I went to the public library to return books today, and picked up three more, and then was suddenly struck with the awful revelation:

My library card is not in my wallet. Nor is it in my jeans pocket. Nor is it in my school backpack. It is GONE.

The library will hold my books for me for three days. I have to find my library card in three days. This is extremely annoying. My library card is like an extension of myself; it's as though I was just about to get a manicure when suddenly I realize my hand has disappeared. Except I never get manicures, ever. But whatever.

I'm going to poke around my sock drawer and bookshelves and empty all my coat pockets. Hopefully that card turns up. If not . . . ugh, that doesn't bear thinking about! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?