Thursday, October 23, 2008

My New Motto

"Reason is always a kind of brute force; those who appeal to the head rather than the heart, however pallid and polite, are necessarily men of violence. We speak of 'touching' a man's heart, but we can do nothing to his head but hit it." - "Charles II" Twelve Types

Yes, I am quoting G.K. Chesterton again. But with a quote like that . . . how could I resist? If y'all are interested in learning more about this guy, here's the link.

And wowee, that's a lot of fast comments on my 'short' story, heh heh. Many thanks! I will post the next part ASAP, if you're lucky it'll be tomorrow, but more likely next week. This week is midterms for me, and I am flat out exhausted. *Yawn*

1 comment:

  1. How many new mottos have you had? And I agree, if Chesterton can write like that, he's worthy of many quotations.
    By the way, hitting people's heads rather than touching their hearts definitely would make my book on violence...

    -Linden

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?