Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween (And Literary Quote #4, I think it is?)

. . . Because it's a ghost story. Sort of. And since the song's stuck in my head and driving me insane, it might as well be stuck in yours too ;)



"'Poor wretch!' I thought; 'you have a heart and nerves the same as your brother men! Why should you be anxious to conceal them? Your pride cannot blind God! You tempt him to wring them, till he forces a cry of humiliation.'"

-Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte


A book chock-full of amazing dialogue and quotes--a few speeches never fail to give me shivers--but this is definitely one of the best. Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Alright, I didn't watch the movie, but I just wanted to say that I loved the quote. I bet you already knew that I would, however, telling you is always good, right?

    I'm going to try to check in as much as possible next week, and look for updates from my dear Jhaniel!

    -Linden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, telling is always good ;)

    I have the movie, it's okay, but not as good as the book. I've also watched the old 1935 version, and it's got good parts, but the story's changed WAY too much.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?