Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Amazing Chinese Wizard



Okay, here's a quote I just found in my 'Three Ways of Thought in Ancient China' book. It's one of my World history texts. It's describing a wizard. I was impressed with his skills until I reached the end of the list: ". . . [he] could go into water and fire, pierce metals and stone, turn mountains upside down, make rivers flow backwards, move fortifications and towns, ride on the air without falling, collide with solids without injury."

COLLIDE WITH SOLIDS WITHOUT INJURY.

I started giggling. Can you imagine how awesome THAT magic show would be?

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, I will . . . RUN INTO THIS WALL!

"WHAM!"

Tada! I am unharmed . . . Now I will drop this rock on my head!

"WHACK!"

Tada! I'm still okay!"

(Pic from Pixar's new short film 'Presto'. I think the two magicians must be related.)

1 comment:

  1. I personally would prefer the riding the air part. Or the mountains. But the air-riding would be awesome.

    And I want to see that show.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?