Sunday, November 29, 2009

Holmes and the Holidays

http://www.storiesnow.com/

The above link might be of interest to my fellow bookworms, as it has a quite good selection of old audio plays based upon various works of literature available for free listening. The Sherlock Holmes ones are particularly fun. I don't know about you, but I enjoy old radio plays. I even have the entire BBC Lord of the Rings radio play on cd, and I love listening to them.

Being in a rather Holmesian mood, I am thinking now of that new Sherlock Holmes movie coming out on Christmas day. I do not know if I shall go to watch it, as it seems like it has a rather good Watson and a rather dreadful Holmes, so I'm not sure if it would be worth it. Do you have any thoughts on the matter?

But anyway, that in turn has me thinking of Christmas! I am eagerly looking forward to the day, and was pleasantly surprised in church this morning when I saw the Advent wreath set up and the first candle being lit. I hadn't realized we were entering Advent yet! I love Advent--Family and prayer and the decorations going up and the decorating of the tree--and the singing Christmas Carols in Latin! Here's a celebratory carol for you--one of my favorites. Merry Advent!

(P.S. Don't forget the Lord of the Rings fan film "Born of Hope" is being released online on Dec. 1. I'm looking forward to that, too!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?