Thursday, November 12, 2009

NaNoWriMo 2009, Update 2

I'm working hard as I can on my WriMo novel, but man, school is keeping me so busy! Still, I'm at about 7000 words now, which means I'm slowly inching my way up to where I'm supposed to be. Yesterday, being Veterans Day and therefore a holiday from school, helped somewhat, but unfortunately I also had two tests today I needed to spend the time on studying for . . . And tomorrow is my Russian test for the week. I'm spending this evening solely on my novel, though. Quinn is an impatient chap.

Also, I'm waiting for the rain to start. An enormous storm is ready to break any moment here in the state of HI, and I've had my window open, watching the clouds gathering and darkening, all afternoon. The sky is a thick blue-grey like steel and lead right now, but tinging with pink lines too, so I suppose that means that somewhere behind all the clouds the sun is setting. The air smells really good; rain in Hawaii smells just as good as rain in Oxford did, but in different ways. It's sweeter, but not as earthy.

And I'm going to post a double-feature book review post after November is over, since I'm spending all my free writing time writing a book of my own, and since I'm not getting much reading done this month. A little, but not much. Biggest news on the distraction front: "Waters of Mars" is coming out on the weekend, which means that I have to take into consideration the fact that I'll probably be spending two hours not writing--one hour to watch the thing, and one hour to recover. Don't worry, I'll try to be somewhat productive while watching; I'll work on knitting the second panel of my TARDIS plushie. Yep, that's called geek-productive, and it's fun.

Okay, time to get back to real work! I wish I had a typewriter.

4 comments:

  1. TARDIS PLUSHIE!!!!!!! who cares if its geeky? It's cute and fun and awesome! (I've been watching some Doctor Who, recently....just the Tenth Doctor, but I like it. ) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Second, Fifth, and Tenth Doctors are my personal favorites ^_^

    If you go to http://lifetheuniverseandcombom.blogspot.com and search through the extensive list of links on the right hand side of the page, you can find links to pretty much ever Who episode ever filmed, something very handy for fans who don't live in Britain. I'm glad you're liking 10; it's going to be heartbreaking when he 'dies' this New Year's. What a way to start 2010 :(

    Oh, and you got me back to watching Lost, so now I'm all caught up! Funny thing is, though, I'm really only watching it for the crazy clever plot twisting and about three characters (I think the love triangles are tiresome). And they have been killing off all the characters I watch for, which is worrisome. I nearly cried when they got rid of Faraday, darnit. You were right in that he is really awesome. When I had to write a paper for Physics lab about the physicist of my choice, I chose Michael Faraday in honor of Daniel, hahaha . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Faraday dies? I'm very behind. :( Can you watch the fifth season online now? because you couldn't earlier this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and yes. Tenth Doctor!!!! I should look into the other episodes. i'm subscribed to that blog.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?