Tuesday, December 8, 2009

An Update (Registration, etc.)

I finally registered for Spring '10 classes this morning, and was fast enough to get all my first picks. So I'm pretty pleased. I mean, I had wanted to take an English course which promised to study fairytales and adaptations thereof, but that was filled a couple days ago, and I could only register at 7:30 this morning, so what can you do. I'm pleased with the line-up, though. I'm taking three english classes, my fourth semester of Russian, a drawing class, and a nutrition class. 

Next week is final exams for me (although I'm taking a few early this week), and then--home sweet home! I'm super excited, and actually got all my Christmas shopping done over the most recent weekend. My feet are still sore :)

The weather's breezy, bright, and clear right now, not at all like the weather I associate with Christmas. It'll be fun to be home and wear a jacket again, as SoCal can get pretty cold in winter. Yes, I know, Linden, stop laughing. 

What else? Um . . . Oh, I'm planning for my second annual 'Tolkien's Birthday Feast', which should be a blast. The siblings have already requested 'Shrimp and Hotroot Soup', so I'm scrambling to find a recipe that I like. Also, I'm really interested in starting to make some simple animated short films, using stop-motion. I'd love to hand-draw the frames, but that'd take literally half of my life, so I'll probably not. But it'd be fun to make little films for my younger siblings.

That's all the news for now. Except has anyone else watched 'Born of Hope' yet? If you haven't, you should--it's actually really good, despite Gilraen being quite annoying! I mean, little Halbarad and Elladan and Elrohir are in it, come on! Also, little Aragorn is adorable, and Arathorn was really good, as were (to my surprise) the original characters. The black polka-dots of orc blood on Arathorn's forehead in battle did get distracting, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?