Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Thursday Plan

Yes, I do love "The Caves of Androzani"! Yes, it is my number one! And yippee, it was voted number one on the recent poll ranking the best "Doctor Who" episodes ever, too!

So, that made my day. It doesn't really matter, of course, but it's rather gratifying, heh heh. I had a celebratory watch of the story just now, and enjoyed it just as much as ever. I'm impatiently waiting for it to go on sale on Barnes & Noble's website (huzzah for giftcards). I hope that when the next dvd sale comes on, I'll be able to buy "Androzani" as well as "The War Games". We'll see! I'm also looking to buy a load of books, Rosemary Sutcliff's "The Shining Company" among them.

It's unbelievably hot right now here in Hawaii. Really, really hot, and very stuffy in this small apartment. I think that I'm going to go down to the courtyard and do a bit of reading there--maybe some knitting (not to wear, I'm not quite that insane)--definitely some physics homework! The courtyard is rather pleasant. Flowers, small statues, and brightly colored lizards are all there to be found, if you know where to look. The grass is very green, the benches are slightly-rusty and creaky-rickety and mossy in just the right amount, and there are some lovely little trees for just sitting and thinking under.

I also have some writing I want to get done, and I want to take some photographs too. Ah, yes, and an early bedtime too--no more of this going to bed at one and waking up at six nonsense. It causes headaches.

Writing, reading, studying, fresh air and gecko-hunting--

Sounds like a plan to me! 

2 comments:

  1. What about going to bed at two and waking at five thirty? 'Cause I've been doing that a little too much.
    And now I want to watch Dr. Who.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shouldn't be doing that, either. *tut-tuts*
    You should watch Who, though :)

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?