Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The END is NEAR

Yes.

It is that time again.

MY LIBRARY BOOKS ARE DUE TO BE RETURNED ON SATURDAY.

*panic ensues*

Naturally, now that I'm in my last three days before the books need to be returned, I've suddenly sped up my reading. To be exact, I've read approximately 700 pages--half of 'Dune' and just about all of 'Dragon's Bait' as well as half of 'Sabriel' in just two days. While still keeping up with my homework. I've heard of 'speed born of desperation', but I don't usually get to experience it first-hand.

My grandmother has begun cautiously telling me "You know, you can just renew them. Or borrow them again later."

But I'm strange and stubborn in that I like to return all my books at once, on the set date, so that I'm fresh and ready to borrow another stack. I also feel that I need to have read them all. In addition, I have the bad habit of borrowing waaaaay too many library books in one go, instead of reasonable amounts in multiple trips like any sane person should. So I end up having problems like I'm having now, with my last-minute-race-to-finish-every-single-page. Some people have eyes bigger than their stomachs, or so the saying goes; I have eyes bigger than my . . . um . . . eyes? . . . . .

Okay, I guess that's the sort of adage you can't really adapt to suit every need.

I think I'll just go off and try to race through the rest of 'Sabriel' and get a start on 'The Spellcoats' now . . .

2 comments:

  1. My library has no check-out limit. So I was told. But I found that they really do. It's fortytwo. *clears throat* I have to return something like fifteen books this afternoon. >.< And to think that I'm still on top of all my homework. And social life- and health. No wonder I slept nine hours last night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, which books did you read? Oh, and the good thing about having a library manager as a grandmother means that as far as the SoCal library system is concerned, my family has no check-out limit. You should see the mountains of books we take out . . . easily over a hundred every time, ha!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?