Saturday, August 23, 2008

Aloha! (I made it . . .)

*cue cliche ukulele music*

Um, hello again, but this time from the beautiful state of Hawaii!


I don't have much time for a post, as I really should be using this computer to pay my tuition, and not update my blog--but I wanted to let all ye people know that I'm alive and well and actually really enjoying being here. I've even befriended a fellow Tolkien fan (one who wants to read the Silmarillion, no less!) already.


No pictures this time, I'm afraid; as I don't have my laptop yet, I can't load photographs. So you'll just have to imagine the scenery for now. Lots of skyscrapers with mirrored windows, green mountains crowned with thick clouds, adorable tropical birds that follow you around and skip around your feet.


And the humidity ain't all that bad yet :)


I wrote a five page log while on the plane trip, but I left it all at home. So I'll have to type that in some other time. Sorry about that.


I'm probably going hiking tomorrow to a waterfall. I'll take pictures, and hopefully will be able to show them eventually.


Anything else? Um . . . I tried some guava cake the other day, and it was amazing . . .

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I've been looking for this post since Wednesday! Pleasantly surprised is one way of stating my reaction to a new post. One thing: where's the picture? It didn't load, I think.

    Anyways, I'm glad you're liking Hawaii life, and I hope the hike is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the pictures, but I understand if you're a bit delayed in uploading them. Side note: does your mobile still work in Hawaii?

    Cheers!
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetie! Glad u got in safely! I'll send u a long email soon, for now my sis, friend and I are off to take pix. Hopefully of the sword I promised u... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, well, that just proves my point that pictures don't load on this computer. Wait'll I get my laptop; I'll give you all proper pictures then.

    And I went on the hike, Laura, and have the mosquito bites to prove it ;) But no, it was amazing, and I took lots of pictures, and we got lost on the way and ended up in Waikiki. But I'll tell you all about it later.

    Waiting for the sword pic, Katrina . . . (:D

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?