Saturday, December 12, 2009

"It is the deep breath before the plunge."

Yep--my last weekend before finals week, and then after a whirlwind of exams I get to board the plane and return back home for Christmas! I'm about to do some studying--Russian and Physics, with a little Hawaiian History thrown in for good measure--but I thought that before I do I'd do a quick checking-in here at the old blog. 

I'm really, really tired, so I might crash during my study session, because I stayed up until two in the morning making my parents' Christmas gift. I won't say what it is just yet, but perhaps I'll post a photo of it later. And then for some reason I woke up at eight o'clock this morning. My internal clock has a sick sense of humor, I guess. Anyway, I have a headache and am not enjoying it.

I just finished watching "The Pianist", a film I've been meaning to watch for over a year and just never managed to . . . Anyway, I liked it. Very powerful. Very sad, but very powerful.

I might not post again until I'm back home, so if that is the case, I bid you all a farewell from Hawaii now. Have a merry Christmas and New Year's, everyone! I love Christmas, don't you?

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes. I love Christmas. So warm, and exciting...can't believe it's almost here already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, the year suddenly seems to have flown past!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?