Monday, December 29, 2008

Laptop!

Yess, precious, at last I have my own laptop computer, complete with webcam. I'm typing on it right now, and it's marvelous. Many of you probably know I've been waiting for it for months, so it's almost incredible to hold it in my hands at last!

Last night I was working feverishly on a short story until the wee hours of the morning--well, more like four A.M. I am very proud of it. Which is something, since my writing has been so dissatisfying to me as of late. And yes, I know I need to post the next part of 'Nighthawk'; it's completed, so I'll do that ASAP. Also, Andromanche, I have not yet finished your birthday gift. Yes, I'm horrible. I'm sorry. It's inching forward . . . I've been writing a lot of good beginnings and endings to stories, recently, but then the middles refuse to cooperate, and it's maddening.

Anyway, I was then roughly awakened by my frantic mother this morning after sleeping in and nearly missing my appointment with the doctor. Nothing like a couple of immunization shots to start the day off well, hm? Well, anyway, both my arms are now sore, but at least there's a few less diseases in this world to worry about.

And afterwards, of course, my father finally took me out to get my computer. Yay, I'm so excited! So you'll excuse me if I cut this post short so as to acquaint myself with my new computer, won't you?

(Linden, I'm currently debating about his name. After the Gawain debacle, I'm a little wary . . . 'Merlin' might be interesting, but if Nimue comes along, I'd be sunk. What do you think?)

Oh, and another thing: a belated Christmas gift for me arrived in the mail today. To be more specific: I am now a proud owner of one of the 'Tolkien Ensemble's CDs. Thanks, Mum and Dad!

PS-I will post a little about my Christmas soon, as well as a little surprise and a challenge for my reader friends, and a question or two about literary foods. All will be made clear.

5 comments:

  1. Gareth. Or Merlin... or how about... oh what's 'is name? There was this one Welsh wizard (unfortunately not well known) who was really awesome. Something like Myrreddh or something. Cannot remember at the moment. :(

    Congratulations though on the new computer! I know how nice it is when you've got a new one that works so much better than the others. (Yes, I'm the one with the oldest, slowest computer in my house, but that's okay, I'm getting a new one next fall.) Maybe I can get my webcam to work and if you have Skype... we could kinda see each other while we chat!!!! (Random thing that would make me jump around like a little girl.)

    I really want to read these stories you've been working on. I'm having beginning issues, I have almost all the ends and middles, but no beginnings. (Or beginnings and middles with no ends.) I was up until... four or five this morning slugging away at CP, and still have no idea of how to properly end it. Yes, that was the story that was supposed to be ten pages long and is now somewhere's around one hundred thirty. (I get long-winded?)

    We both had a similar problem of not waking up, although I didn't have to go to the doctor. (Yay!)

    And one of these days, I'm going to check if the P.O. has finally sent your package. :S I think mine is going to be the most late of all presents! Sorry!!!

    -Linden

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!yeah! You finally got a laptop! and I finally made a comment,yay everybody wins!I hope the computer holds up well because I can already guess that the computer will probably see more keystrokes in its first semester than mine has seen all its life.
    I guess its because im not a writer...*awkward silence*

    anyways Happy new years from hawaii :) and congrats on the computer and if any of you readers a wondering I am a friend from school, not some blog scanning hobo that posts random junk everywhere. :P

    P.S. SAVE ME! I am going mad! I have been pent up in my house for far, far too long. Gah I need a life. Maybe I will go to mauna kea with my parents today, that would be fun...sorry im super antsy right now it must be the leftover adrenaline from last nights pyro madness lol.

    have fun and make good choices k? laters!

    -Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikolai? Awesomeness!!!

    It'll be fun hearing from ya, especially now that the university email service is kaput :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. phew, Just finished editing the profile. I think it is quite funny.

    Anyway, yeah I guess it will be nice huh? Nikolai is what all my friends call me so I figured it was a good name.

    I went to mauna kea yesterday and it was super nice :) my dog loved it! I guess winter is the one time of year she is happy.

    I think I will go fishing today.

    Aloha!lol I am soooo local.*sarcastic remark*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude. I'm going to name my laptop Taliesin. Of all the coincedences. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?