Friday, December 5, 2008

. . . And Don't Forget About Exams

Yeah, well, Christmas spirit aside, it's also time for me to get into the 'Final Exam' spirit--namely, rabidly studious and kinda stressed. I've never had a Final in my life, as all my exams have always been quarterly, so that adds slightly to the pressure.

However, today is library day, which eases the stress somewhat. I really enjoy my weekly walk to the library; the road is so quiet, and the mountains are so green. And for a tiny little building, that library sure has a good selection of books.

Of course, they're also closing for renovation this December and won't open again for two years, but hey. That's just my luck.

Oh, and did I mention that I found and read 'The King of Elfland's Daughter'? Well, I did, and it was very different from what I had expected, but very enjoyable nonetheless. I love the originality of old fantasy. So many fantasies now are like clones of each other, or clones with simply differently styled hair or something, you know? So similar in bone structure that you can tell what is going to happen next. As an author, it's one of my greatest fears to fall into that 'conformity' trap. That might be what makes early fantasy so refreshing: you are really swept away in a story and don't know where it's going to go.

I haven't mailed any presents yet. But I will. I'll let you know when I do, to make sure the mail service doesn't steal them or something ;)

Okay, time to get back to studying. It's philosophy homework, aah!

1 comment:

  1. I'm always thinking, hoping, and praying that things go well; I'm sure you'll do well on finals.
    I'm sorry about the library, but I know what that's like. And YAY for King of Elfland's Daughter! I loved that book so much.
    And I'm eagerly awaiting my present! It'll go under the tree that I'm working on decorating. :) And, I think I'm packing up your present tomorrow morning, so that'll get to your parents soon.
    I'm going to try calling tomorrow, okay?

    -Linden

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?