Saturday, August 7, 2010

INCEPTION

I finally got to watch it yesterday! And I love it. I had high hopes, but was as unspoilered as I could manage, and the film both surprised me at times and met and even exceeded those expectations. I didn't find it confusing, since the pacing was excellent and the levels of the story seemed pretty clear-cut to me. It was just a captivating mind puzzle and adventure and (in the tradition of "The Prestige") pulled the very mind trick of its title upon the viewer by the end. I don't often say this, but--I want to watch it again!

I don't want to say any more about it, because then I'd end up spoilering, since I'd start gushing. But it's my favorite movie of the year, along with "How to Train Your Dragon" and "Toy Story 3".

A quick note about my 'Book of the Month' feature: Due to a really busy dance schedule and my eye infection last month, I didn't actually get to finish any new books. I did however get my dad to read "Til We Have Faces" for the first time, so I suppose that can be July's official book on my blog, although I won't be posting a review of it since I've read it many times before. But I'm already reading plenty this month, so hopefully I'll be able to make up for July's dearth in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?