Sunday, June 13, 2010

More Artwork

This is a bit of still-life charcoal work that I did for my art class. I really hated doing the pattern on the cloth, which is why it's a bit wonky. I drew the cloth itself, with all its folds, one classtime, and then next classtime it was all moved, so I basically had to reinvent the pattern since it no longer matched my folds. Bother it. That's what I get for choosing to draw the set-up at a weird, cloth-central angle!

More "Who" art--child Amy Pond, waiting for the Doctor to come back. This blocky style isn't typical of my work, but it fit how I wanted to draw the piece, and I had a lot of fun contrasting the lights and darks, which is why I love charcoal anyway. And I had red conte crayon at hand, so I was able to add the red highlights :)

1 comment:

Penny for your thoughts?