Friday, May 7, 2010

Wow :)


Tonight's "Supernatural" episode was just as perfect as "Lost"'s this week. What a great week for my television shows in general then--I hope "Doctor Who" on Saturday is up to par! The episode looks good from the trailer though, so I'm looking forward to it and trusting it to not break this perfect 3-for-3 record. And Rory will be back!

Seriously, though, "Supernatural" continues to amaze me. While I don't agree with much of the theology, I don't mind it because it's fiction and I enjoy thinking about what I do believe in connection with what's presented in the show--where it lines up, and how, when it deviates, I can compare the two and pick out the truths in the fiction. It doesn't attack beliefs so much as choose to do its own thing for the sake of its fictional universe and the story, and since I can therefore easily separate it from the 'real world', it's okay in my book. So it's like I get good fodder for meditative reflection, which is always nice; I get a fantastic apocalyptic storyline that is impressive in the consistency of its quality; I get absolutely awesome characters to both root for and root against (the acting as well as how the characters are written is almost universally perfect); I get top-notch dialogue that can be both hilarious and heartbreaking with effortless ease--this show has jumped into my small and select group of favorites so quickly, it's ridiculous. But that's okay. I'm super excited (and worried and in suspense!) about the finale next week. And I'm super excited for the next "Lost" episode too. This kind of convergence of excellence does not happen often, so I'm just kinda basking in it right now. I mean, that whole submarine thing on "Lost" and the Horseman of Death making eating pizza in Chicago look chilling on "Supernatural" all happening in one week? Awesome.

I got a letter from one of my besties today, which was wonderful. I'm in the middle of writing one back already, but I'm almost out of calligraphy ink, so I have to tip the bottle whenever I dip my pen in. Hopefully it'll last for the whole missive. Also, it's my brother's sixteenth birthday today. That's bizarre. I shouldn't be old enough to have a sixteen year old brother.

Of course, I'm kind of using this entire post to ignore the elephant in the room, so I'll stop ignoring right now and get straight to it: Yes, my final exams are all next week. Keeping me in your prayers would be appreciated. Yes. It's hard to believe that this time next week it will all be almost over, but there we are. Time is such a fickle beast. It slows down, it speeds up, it casts illusion over me.

I'd best be getting back to studying then. And then a quick shower before bed. Tomorrow I have no classes, but my Russian professor agreed to have a final exam study session/review and I fully intend on being there.

(PS: Yes, I included a photo, because it's been way too long since I put any photos on this blog and I'm getting tired of just words, haha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?