Thursday, February 18, 2010

MUCH Bettah!

Oh yeah, that's more like it. This week's episode ("The Substitute") is waaay better than last week's! It fulfilled almost all of my previously stated requirements as far as what characters to include, after all :) I'm going to add Smoke Monster to my list though, because he's turning out to be brilliant.

My only gripe is that Desmond is still mysteriously absent from, uh, just about everywhere, and there's only about thirteen hours left now, right? His absence is distracting me! And for some reason these flash-sideways things aren't that interesting to me. I'm not sure why. I really want to like them, and I liked the first one because of the mystery and weirdness and nostalgia, but these past two episodes they've been only mildly entertaining, not particularly compelling. Though that might be just me, because I know most folks I've talked to seem to like them a lot *shrugs*

Anyhow . . . I got my Art portfolio back today, and apparently got the best marks in my class, which makes me happy, as I'm not even an Art major. I'm tempted to double-major, but honestly? A double-major in Art and English? That's just like a double-whammy of the most useless majors you can get, alas. Why are all my interests so artsy?

In other news, my birthday's less than two weeks away now, as I suddenly realized yesterday. It's a bit rattling. I'm not used to the idea of being 18 yet, let alone 19! And then I'll be leaving my teens behind forever. It's a bit amusing and a bit sad, this whole growing up and getting older business. I'll probably go out to tea for my birthday, but other than that I have not the foggiest notion. Library trip, perhaps?

I hope you are all having a good week so far. Week six of the semester already, wow. Soon I'll be halfway done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?