Thursday, November 20, 2008

How Time Flies!

There I was intending to post something last week, and suddenly it's the end of this week. Wow.

I have been very busy with school recently. Finals are swiftly and cruelly approaching, and while I am not stressed yet, I will be soon. I have also had to start looking up spring classes to register for, and that's been agonizing as well because many classes I want to take--like the honors creative writing class and Russian 102--are in the same time slots. It's not fair :(

Supposedly tomorrow we'll be having thunderstorms here in HI. In some ways I'm looking forward to it, because I love rain, and a thunderstorm sounds quite exciting, but in other ways I'm not--namely, tomorrow is my library day, and I don't relish the idea of walking to the library down the usual dirt road, trying to shield the books I'm returning from lashing rain.

I'll probably bring my umbrella and stick the books in a plastic shopping bag; that should work. Oh, and Kat, I'll probably call you on my way to the library. Depends on how loud the weather is.

My family back home are currently driving to Arizona for the Oireachtas. I'm rather despondent about not going too, but I hope my little sister does well, anyway.

I'm starting to get excited jitters about going home for Christmas! I've begun my Christmas shopping already, which is an adventure in itself, and my siblings have all told me that they want to help me cook up a Christmas feast when I get home. We're planning to do a Redwall-style feast, with breakfast scones, shrimp soup, mushroom pasties--the works. Hopefully it'll turn out well.

One last note: Lone Wolf, I told you I accepted your challenge to draw the 'Oath of Feanor' scene, remember? Well, I did it! But my broken camera is having issues with getting the picture in focus, so I might not be able to upload the artwork until I get home and can use my parents' scanner. But it was fun, thanks for the challenge :)

2 comments:

  1. Redwall style, huh? Ha ha, those feasts are CLASSIC. :D

    Ah! I can't wait to see your drawing of the Oath scene! It's one of the most visually striking moments of The Silmarillion, in my opinion...

    Oh, by the way, I've begun War and Peace. I'm only a few chapters in, though, and what with GEDs and everything, I haven't had the inclination to read further. But I'm sick now, and ergo, not working, so I may go a bit further soon.

    Can't wait to see your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I want to visit your family for Christmas. I hope you get your classes sorted out.. :S
    I can't wait to see the picture!!!!!!!!!!

    -Linden

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?