Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hmm . . .

Well, I love this new template except for the spots. So it might change, but it might not. I think I'll have to change my font size now, though . . .

I really should know better than to stay up late reading, but I couldn't resist last night. So now I'm exhausted, have a headache, and feel sick. But hey, at least I'm 100 pages further into 'Anne of Ingleside'! You gotta take the good with the bad.

When I go back to the apartment today, I think I'll finish reading, then do Russian homework, then cook myself a quesadilla (I make awesome quesadillas), then write more of my story. That is, if I don't fall asleep first.

And tomorrow I will walk to the library as usual, to return a few of the books I borrowed on Saturday. I think I'm returning 'The Brothers Karamazov' (I finished it at last, yay!), 'Mutiny on the Bounty' (I'll post a review and some quotes later), 'Pagan's Crusade' (a rather interesting medieval fiction, nothing special), and hopefully I'll have finished 'Anne of Ingleside' by then, and so then can return it.

I was walking from one of my classes yesterday, and there's this enormous tree that I always see--really huge, very green, very majestic and beautiful. It looks like a marvelous climbing tree, very wild. I see it every day, and always admire it, but yesterday was special I guess and for some reason the following dialogue called to me as I watched this tree. I'm not sure why.


"Now suppose I were to climb to the very top, and then--the very highest branch, you see, where all the leaves are like gold fringe against the sky? There, where the green is alive--If I were to then leap from my windy perch, leap into the sky, what would happen?"

"I would catch you," he said.

She smiled--a wild smile, a secret smile.

"You? No, you would not be swift enough. The west wind would seize me and bear me away, and I would fly away, dance with the wind . . . and I would never come back . . ."


I have crazy people living inside my head, I guess, wanting to jump off treetops. *sigh* You know, I wrote the beginning of a story three years ago all about climbing trees, and it had a lovely passage in it describing climbing a tree--I do miss tree-climbing, have you guessed?--, but I don't remember where I put it. It's on my computer somewhere. I'll find it and post it sometime, since I really liked it, and I'm never going to finish the story now. I lost my interest in it--don't you hate it when that happens?

. . . And this is officially my most unnecessary/least intersting post ever. Basically, I'm thinking out loud. And making you poor people listen. I'm sorry. I get rather random when I'm this sleepy.

Oh, wait, I'll give you some good news: I got A's on all my midterm exams! *happy dance* I found out yesterday. So now I can at least say that this post isn't completely worthless. It gave you some important tidings.

3 comments:

  1. Well, at least hearing you thinking out loud is somewhat interesting and fun. On a random note, are you afraid of heights? Cuz I am, yet I also love climbing trees, and was just wondering if any others were familiar with this strange inconsistency... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I am terrified of bridges . . . Yet I can climb to the top of a pine tree, no fear. When I was seven there was a special green apple tree I used to climb, and I'd walk around the branches without using my hands, I was so comfortable with it. I miss that tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Late night reading is one of the best things in life. We all know that. You ought to make me quesadillas... and I'll make you cookies or something.
    Your library sounds devine. If only I lived closer to one, or ours had more books.
    And I very much liked the dialog you wrote, it was very like something I can see myself thinking/saying. Only, I hope he would catch me...
    And rambling posts are fun. I like them. This was not uninteresting... it let us see a part of you that we generally don't. And Good Job on your midterms!!!!
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?