Wednesday, October 28, 2009

NaNoWriMo 2009

So, as some of you already know, I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared, but at the same time I'm very excited. A story idea came to me pretty much out of the blue a few weeks ago, and I'm eager to write the novel; it'll be therapeutic to take a break from agonizing over my Novel, and anyway, I've fallen in love with this story. I mean to make its writing a fun experience.

Anyway, as Anna on posted a few tidbits of information on her intriguing WriMo novel on her blog, I've decided to return the favor and post a few tidbits on mine here. And then, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to spend the rest of the day pretending that November isn't coming up quite as quickly as it is. Sure I'm excited to write the thing, but it's also going to be quite a challenge . . .

Title: Quinn: Being Memoirs of that Most Eminent Scholar of Science, and a Record of His Labors and Adventures in Time: Written by his Own Hand, and now set forth by an Editor, in the hopes that Other Minds might be Enlightened thereby.

Main Characters: Julian Quinn, Gabriel Quinn, Edith Fairfax(?)

Summary: This is the story of an orphaned child in Victorian England, abandoned at birth, rescued from misery by an elderly gentleman named Gabriel Quinn, and raised by that benefactor to become one of the greatest minds and most brilliant scientists the world would ever know. This is the story of the long scientific labor that both shaped, saved, and ruined his life, and the singular machine which was his finest invention. This is the story of his kindly benefactor, the man who first believed in him and never ceased believing in him. This is the story of  the woman he loved, for whom he would sacrifice fifteen years of his life after forcing her, all unknowing, to sacrifice ten of hers. This is the story of his adventures and struggles, of the many strange peoples he would encounter and the many wondrous sights he would see. This is the story of the Victorian time-traveller Julian Quinn.


I realize this is a very rough summary, without giving too much away, but it's the best I can offer you right now. For regular updates on the story, and perhaps even chapters to read, check the blog right here and the 'Radish Room' all November, 2009. Let's go NaNoWriMo!

4 comments:

  1. ALRIGHT! That looks great! Please post excerpts on this blog next month while you're writing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting so excited now, haha, and your story sounds really excellent, I hope to see plenty of it on your blog . . . I will post bits and pieces on here, yep, but the whole thing will be on the Radish Room so I can keep it safe. And I'll probably post it all on the NaNoWriMo website too, I think that's an option?

    Merrie Wrytyng tu ye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I hope it'll turn it good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it'll turn out* good. :)

    Typos are annoying, aren't they?

    And yes, I'm pretty sure you can at least post bits and pieces on the NaNoWriMo site.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?